Friday, January 9, 2009

Welcome to the Vroom Vroom Room

Welcome to my very first blog post. I should state at the outset that this blog will have very little to do with cars - Vroom is a reference to my initials - although I did grow up around cars and auto racing. Alas, I have no mechanical skill to speak of, or really any interest in how cars work - the only remnants of my automotive childhood are a liking for offbeat vintage cars and a tendency to fall asleep at the sound of continuous roaring engines. So if you are hoping for ongoing conversations about cam shafts and carburetors, move right along!

I'm not really sure why I've decided to start a blog - god knows I'm late to this particular game. I spend most of my time "working" from home on my PhD thesis, so perhaps it is a plea for connection to the outside world. Or perhaps this will spur me to do a bit more writing of the observational/creative/political kind. We'll just see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment